Connecting to your Teamspeak server for the first time
So, you have a brand new Teamspeak 3 server but you have no idea what to do next?
Don't worry...we're here to help you.
If your server is installed and ready to use, you need to make a few steps to take control over it.
Please follow these steps:
1. CONNECT TO YOUR TEAMSPEAK SERVER AND USE YOUR ONE-TIME PIVILEGE KEY (ADMIN TOKEN)
Start the Teamspeak 3 client on your computer and click Connections - Connect
You should now see the "Connect" window. Don't worry if the window is smaller than the one on the picture below. Simply click the MORE button to expand the window.
Populate the fields:
- SERVER ADDRESS: server IP address that was given to you upon the server installation
- NICKNAME: choose a nickname to be displayed in the server clients list
- ONE-TIME PRIVILEGE KEY: Administration token that was given to you upon the server installation
Click the CONNECT button
You should now be connected to your Teamspeak 3 server and you should be a part of the Server Admin server group.
Congratulations, you now own that server.
2. CHANGE THE SERVER NAME AND SETUP A SERVER PASSWORD (OPTIONAL)
Now that you're actually connected to your brand new Teamspeak 3 server, we're sure you'd like to change the server name and maybe even setup a password...
Right-clik on the current server name will display a menu... click the "Edit Virtual Server" option
You should now see a window named "Manage Virtual Server"...
- SERVER NAME field - enter the desired name for your server. We used the "Special Teamspeak Server" name as an example
- PASSWORD field - if you wish to setup a password for this server to make it private, enter your desired password
- Click the APPLY button to save the changes
And those were some basic steps to help you start using your M-BIT Temaspeak 3 server.
All you need to do now is invite your friends to join you :)
We wish you a pleasent Teamspeak chat...