How do i create a new channel on my Teamspeak 3 server?
There are three types of Teamspeak channels:
As the name says, this channel is a temporary one. That means that the channel is going to be deleted as soon as everyone leaves it. This is a great choice for "one-time needed" channels
This type of cannel will stay active until the server restart.
The name says it all. This channel is permanent and you have to delete it manually
Now that we know the difference, let's create a permanent channel :-)
1. CONNECT TO YOUR TEAMSPEAK 3 SERVER
2. CREATE A CHANNEL
Right click inside the channel list and choose the CREATE CHANNEL option
A new window will open ("Create Channel")
- Enter the desired channel name into the NAME field...we used "Call of Duty"
- PASSWORD field should be filled in only if you want to password protect the channel
- TOPIC and DESCRIPTION fields are there to explain what this channel is all about...its rules and so on.
- Tick the PERMANENT radio button under the Channel type
- Sort This Channel After allows you to position your new channel on the list
That's it...you've just created your first channel